Monday, May 18, 2009

Taming the monster that is Curriculum!!!


So, I'm officially overwhelmed! I've seen and tested programs and curriculum for the past seven of the eleven years I taught in a formal school setting. The advantage - samples! I am accustomed to ordering samples from publishers and being able to hold the book(s) in your hands is so much a better experience than just looking at a picture of the cover online! There has to be a better way to present this information to home educators than to expect them to blindly accept the book you are selling them. I know, word of mouth is always a great way to find out about curriculum...but I just wish I could order some samples and be able to sit down at my kitchen table and spread them all out so that I can, I don't know, use a rubric to select what would fit our children best. Is that asking too much? Maybe I was just spoiled by publishers in the past?

No comments:

Post a Comment